Old 06-29-2011, 02:30 PM
amritpal pathak

Default How to download whole dir using wget ?

pls anybody help me how to download whole directory using wget(from terminal)?
Thanks in advance*
amritpalpathakgne.wordpress.com*

Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Alan Pope

On 29 June 2011 15:30, amritpal pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
> pls anybody help me how to download whole directory using wget(from

man wget

wget -r <url>

also see

wget -r --no-parent <url>

also

wget -m --no-parent <url>

Al.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
amritpal pathak

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:

On 29 June 2011 15:30, amritpal pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:

> pls anybody help me how to download whole directory using wget(from

man wget

wget -r <url>

also see

wget -r --no-parent <url>

also

wget -m --no-parent <url>

* * * nothing worked.each command downloading .png or other files. i want to download whole directory* *Please any other solution?** Thanks for reply*

Old 06-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Alan Pope

On 29 June 2011 15:50, amritpal pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * * * nothing worked.each command downloading .png or other files. i want
>> to download whole directory
>
> * *Please any other solution?
>
> * Thanks for reply

Please can you reply below the previous mail, not in the middle of it,
it screws up the attribution when replying.

It's hard to tell what went wrong without seeing what you did.

Can you paste the output of the command and the url you are wgetting?

Al.