Old 02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
stan

Default compiz on 7.10 KDE?

I just tried compiz on a machine that I use a Gnome desktop on. Way too
much fun :-)

Unfortunately that is pretty much the only machine I use Gnome on the rest
have KDE. Can I use compiz with the KDE environment in 7.10? If so, how do
I do it. I found and installed the compiz-kde package, and I can even see
the settings tool from the KDE menu, but, even after logging out and
restarting my session I don't see any effects.

What am I missing?

programs.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Ranmadhu

stan wrote:
> Unfortunately that is pretty much the only machine I use Gnome on the rest
> have KDE. Can I use compiz with the KDE environment in 7.10? If so, how do
> I do it. I found and installed the compiz-kde package, and I can even see
> the settings tool from the KDE menu, but, even after logging out and
> restarting my session I don't see any effects.
>
> What am I missing?

Make sure that compizconfig-settings-manager is also installed, as
you'll need this to configure any of the settings. You should then run
compiz --replace in the command line and this should get it running.
Ranmadhu