Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Icarus Alive

Default Ubuntu netbook edition or desktop edition ?

Hi,

Bought a ASUS eee 1010PX, and plan to install the Ubuntu Netbook edition on it. However was wondering if the Netbook edition really is better in this case, or can I go ahead with regular Ubuntu Dektop ? I don't like the "dumbed-down" UI, and prefer the more familiar Ubuntu Classic UI. Does the Netbook edition do a better job of typical Netbook hardware support, has better power-management, or is somehow hard-disk space & RAM optimized ?

Also, I might try to dual boot this for a Hackint0sh using the original commercial Snow Leopard media, is there something to be careful about, for hard-disk partitioning from that point of view ?

cheers,
Icarus.