Old 06-28-2011, 09:27 AM

Default password expiration using smbldap

Hi,
I'm experiencing a problem with several Ubuntu servers that are configured to use ldap and the smbldap-xxx tools.
The system is working fine, but it continues asking the users to change their password after almost 3 months (90 days). Even if I set the password expiration to a very far date the system asks me to change the password after 90 days.
I've checked the ldap attributes and the expiration date is set fine to the date I set, that is much far than 90 days, but the system seems to ignore it.
I've tried the smbldap-passwd -B option to set the expiration date to never, but it did not worked.
Could chage solve the problem?
Anybody has a solution to this?

Thanks,
Luca