Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 AM
"Maxwell Schmart"

Default MESSAGE BODY TOO BIG ????????????????

MAN, IT'S ONLY A COUPLE PARAGRAPHS, NOT 40K.
What is wrong here?
*
Hi, I'll start with the short version ...
*
This is on a hard drive installation, not running from a CD.
*
Something happened to my video mode and now my screen is in some unrecognizable mode.
*
Is there like a "safe mode", or a way to change the resolution/HZ to a default that will work no matter what?* A "hot key" perhaps, like Windows F8, whatever.
*
This is an installation on a hard drive, so using safe mode booting from a CD doesn't help me.* The CD works fine.
*
Related question:* Is there a way to install Ubuntu using a non-destructive repair install option??