Old 06-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Smokin Chevy

Default Firefox Alternative

I don't think that I would care for an Internet Explorer port as I
didn't like IE on windows.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Stephen Kuhn

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 01:33 -0500, Alex wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM, ANDY <sirald66@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now that Mozilla Firefox has abandoned supporting their latest version more
> > than a few months, what default alternative will Ubuntu use?
> >
> > My understanding is that Chrome is doing the same (although not being so
> > obviously arrogant about it), and that we will never see an Internet
> > Explorer port.
>
> Why wouldn't Ubuntu just keep pushing up-to-date versions? Frequent
> updates are a Very Good Thing(R)

Natty's updates put me at Firefox 5 as of late...I'm still not up on
Chrome - kinda irks me that I have to install a third-party extension
just to have a new tab be in focus once I've opened it...that's not an
oversight...that's just, well, crap. Still.

--
yankdownunder
reg'd linux user #267497

Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Graham Stacy

Opera is a decent browser. Although, I don't know if it has the same problem that Chrome and Firefox have.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Johnny Rosenberg

2011/6/25 Graham Stacy <gleestacy@yahoo.com>:
> Opera is a decent browser. Although, I don't know if it has the same problem
> that Chrome and Firefox have.

I have Opera, Google Chrome and Firefox installed, but I rarely use
anything else than Opera. Maybe only because Opera is what I'm used
to, but I always get annoyed with something when I use another
browser. Of course there are problems with Opera, like there are with
all the other browsers (otherwise there wouldn't be any updates,
right…?), so nothing is perfect, I guess.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:20 PM
chris

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 20:18 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 25/06/11 19:58, Goh Lip wrote:
> > On 06/25/2011 05:53 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> >> Yes. I read the story about an hour or so ago and was shocked to hear of
> >> his death.
> >
> >> Life has its twists and turns.
> >
> > Everyone dies, but not everybody lives.
> >
> > Take care, Basil. - Goh Lip
>

> Sentiments reciprocated.
>
> BC
>
> --
> The Annual General Meeting of Psychics has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
> The Organising Committee

+1 the kiwi

Old 06-26-2011, 12:55 AM
ANDY

I don't think that I would care for an Internet Explorer port as I

didn't like IE on windows.

Agreed.* I prefer Firefox.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:58 AM
ANDY