Old 02-13-2008, 08:08 AM
"Gernot Hassenpflug"

Default vCalendar for claws-mail and Evolution calendar interaction?

Does anyone know of a way to get a vCalendar event created in
claws-mail to get into the Evolution calendar? The interface for
entering the vCalendar looks so much like Evolution that I mistakenly
thought the two are integrated. However, this seems not to be the
case. Any ideas on how one might transfer information between the two?

Regards, Gernot

Old 02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
sktsee

Does anyone know of a way to get a vCalendar event created in
claws-mail to get into the Evolution calendar? The interface for
entering the vCalendar looks so much like Evolution that I mistakenly
thought the two are integrated. However, this seems not to be the
case. Any ideas on how one might transfer information between the two?

Regards, Gernot

If claws can export to .vcf (vCalendar) files, then Evolution can import it. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true as Evolution can only export to the iCalendar format (.ics).

--

sktsee

Old 02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
NoOp

On 02/15/2008 07:40 AM, sktsee wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 18:08 +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a way to get a vCalendar event created in
>> claws-mail to get into the Evolution calendar? The interface for
>> entering the vCalendar looks so much like Evolution that I mistakenly
>> thought the two are integrated. However, this seems not to be the
>> case. Any ideas on how one might transfer information between the two?
>>
>> Regards, Gernot
>>

> If claws can export to .vcf (vCalendar) files, then Evolution can import
> it. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true as Evolution can only export
> to the iCalendar format (.ics).

Perhaps?

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=claws-mail+%2Bvcalendar>
http://www.claws-mail.org/plugin.php?plugin=vcalendar
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/mail/claws-mail-vcalendar-plugin

Evolution can also export as .cvs and rdf; and looking at the import tab
shows:

Berkely Mailbox (mbox)
Evolution CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
Mozilla CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
Outlook CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
VCard (.vcf, .gcrd)
LDAP ... (.ldif)
vCalendar files (.vcf)
iCalendar files (.ics)

This indicates that claws-mail vcalendar plugin can also export to .ics:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13796
[turn off colors on your browser for easier reading]

If so, then perhaps using .ics both directions might work.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 PM
sktsee

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 10:59 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 02/15/2008 07:40 AM, sktsee wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 18:08 +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
> >> Does anyone know of a way to get a vCalendar event created in
> >> claws-mail to get into the Evolution calendar? The interface for
> >> entering the vCalendar looks so much like Evolution that I mistakenly
> >> thought the two are integrated. However, this seems not to be the
> >> case. Any ideas on how one might transfer information between the two?
> >>
> >> Regards, Gernot
> >>

> > If claws can export to .vcf (vCalendar) files, then Evolution can import
> > it. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true as Evolution can only export
> > to the iCalendar format (.ics).
> >

> Perhaps?
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=claws-mail+%2Bvcalendar>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/plugin.php?plugin=vcalendar
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/mail/claws-mail-vcalendar-plugin
>
> Evolution can also export as .cvs and rdf; and looking at the import tab
> shows:
>
> Berkely Mailbox (mbox)
> Evolution CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
> Mozilla CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
> Outlook CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
> VCard (.vcf, .gcrd)
> LDAP ... (.ldif)
> vCalendar files (.vcf)
> iCalendar files (.ics)
>
> This indicates that claws-mail vcalendar plugin can also export to .ics:
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13796
> [turn off colors on your browser for easier reading]
>
> If so, then perhaps using .ics both directions might work.

Ah, I missed the vcalendar plugin export to .ics. Looks like that's the
way to go.

--
sktsee