Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 AM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

Default Kernel Panic Message

Hi,

I have a situation with one of my customer is facing a kernel panic when he boots the system.how can he send those information to me.

I mean about 10 - 15 lines above the kernel panic line message

One way is to manually write those information on a piece of paper and then write it in email and send it to through email.

I believe there should be some method to capture kernel panic message

Any clue

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 02-13-2008, 08:10 AM
andy baxter

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a situation with one of my customer is facing a kernel panic
> when he boots the system.how can he send those information to me.
>
> I mean about 10 - 15 lines above the kernel panic line message
>
> One way is to manually write those information on a piece of paper and
> then write it in email and send it to through email.
>
> I believe there should be some method to capture kernel panic message
>
> Any clue
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal

how about taking a photo of the screen with a digital camera and sending
it as a jpeg?

Alternatively, he could put in a bootable CD, then use that to copy
relevant log files from the hard disk and send them as an attachment
from a webmail account like gmail or hotmail. Someone else could
probably give you better advice about which files to include, but try
/var/log/debug, /var/log/messages, and /var/log/syslog. The trouble with
this method though is it will probably only tell you what happened /just
before/ the panic, not the panic message itself.

andy