-   -   I goofed (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/54322-i-goofed.html)

Willis Taylor 02-13-2008 06:33 AM

I goofed

As the new
Ubuntu 7.10 was booting from the hdd the first time I noticed that
there were 186 updates and something about restricted drivers
available.* I clicked on the icon for the restricted drivers and then
moved the track-ball and lost everything to do with it.* Any hints on
how to get the notice and the icon back so I can install the drivers?

Philippe Didier 02-13-2008 06:40 AM

I goofed

Willis Taylor wrote:
As the new
Ubuntu 7.10 was booting from the hdd the first time I noticed that
there were 186 updates and something about restricted drivers
available.* I clicked on the icon for the restricted drivers and then
moved the track-ball and lost everything to do with it.* Any hints on
how to get the notice and the icon back so I can install the drivers?

Hi,

Just reboot and you will see it again.

Or

Launch System/Administration/Synaptics (too see upgradable programs)

Philippe

--
IT Manager Neptune Concept

Willis Taylor 02-13-2008 11:06 AM

I goofed

Douglas Drumond wrote:

Any hints on how to get the notice and the icon back so I can install the drivers?

Hmm... try System -> Administration -> Restricted drivers manager

[]'s

Douglas

Found it,
thank you.

"Douglas Drumond" 02-13-2008 11:29 AM

I goofed

"Martin Walshe" 02-13-2008 11:51 PM

I goofed

On Feb 13, 2008 12:06 PM, Willis Taylor <gods-servant@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Found it,
thank you.

Hi,
Please stop posting messages with HTML and huge font sizes to the list. Use plain text only and smaller text.
Also try and use a descriptive message title....

Marty