Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Skype Video Solved

I got a newer webcam and it is seen by Skype in the Options Video
Devices and calls it the right thing and the Test Camera works fine. I
got on with a friend in Mexico and had a problem. My picture would stay
on his Skype for just a minute or two and disappear.

I thought this was a problem but then did some testing. I found that
the Test picture on Video Devices stayed there forever. That told me the
problem was not Ubuntu but Skype at my system or my friends.

Today we got together and I asked Hernando to set his Skype video a
bit different and my picture to him was then solid. Then I talked to
Alan in Australia and he got my picture fine for 30 minutes.

So Skype is good on Ubunto.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI