Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Earthson

Default nl80211 not found.

I've got a usb wireless adapter with the RT3370
this is the info display from command "lsusb"

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:3370 Ralink Technology, Corp.*

when I use the command "iw list", I got an error message*

nl80211 not found.

Do I have to install someting? Any one have some similar situations?

--

** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *这个世界不会*为没有*而失去什么

但是,却有可能*为*的*在而发生 些改变。。

Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Nils Kassube

Earthson wrote:
> I've got a usb wireless adapter with the RT3370
>
> this is the info display from command "lsusb"
>
> *Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:3370 Ralink Technology, Corp. *
>
> when I use the command "iw list", I got an error message
>
> *nl80211 not found.*
>
> Do I have to install someting? Any one have some similar situations?

No, nothing to install - that wireless adapter just doesn't work with iw
because it obviously does not (yet?) use nl80211. With this device you
can only use the old tools iwconfig / iwlist.

Nils

Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Earthson

thx for your explanations.