-   -   apache2 AddDefaultCharset problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/53536-apache2-adddefaultcharset-problem.html)

"Alexandra Zaharia" 02-12-2008 10:48 AM

apache2 AddDefaultCharset problem

Hello,

A problem with the apache2 configuration I noticed a few days back.

I have in /etc/apache2/conf.d/charset the following line:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

Also, in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf I had an include directive:

grep Include /etc/apache2/apache2.conf | grep conf.d
Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/

The problem is that since a few days ago all the UTF-8 content on my server is displayed as gibberish and in order to see it correctly I'd need to manually select the UTF-8 encoding from the browser's encoding schemes.

Now my problem (and question) is: what to do in order to get apache2 to know of UTF-8 as default charset encoding... just as before?

I'm running Gutsy and apache 2.2.4 and the problem first occured, I think, a few days ago, after the update which included the apache2 package.

Best regards,

"Alexandra Zaharia" 02-14-2008 03:03 PM

apache2 AddDefaultCharset problem

Anyone?...*

Gerald Dachs 02-14-2008 06:07 PM

apache2 AddDefaultCharset problem

Am Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:03:11 +0200
schrieb "Alexandra Zaharia" <f0rg3r@gmail.com>:

> Anyone?...

Sorry, but no, I use lighttpd ;)

Gerald

"Ashley Benton" 02-14-2008 06:15 PM

apache2 AddDefaultCharset problem

I tried to watch on the configuration of my apache server (/etc/apache2/apache2.conf, /etc/apache2/mods-availables...)but didn't find it.
May be you could try the apache mailing list if you don't get any answer.

Good luck
Meg