Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 PM
"Soo-Hyun Choi"

Default inline PGP signature with Evolution

Hi,

I am trying to use in-line PGP signature using Evolution (2.12.1) under Ubuntu (7.10) with Gnome (2.20.1). My GnuPG version is 1.4.6. When I send my e-mail using Evolution, it attaches the PGP signature rather than including it in-line of the email text.

Is in-line PGP signature is good? and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks,
Soo-Hyun

Old 11-26-2007, 01:31 PM
"Caleb Marcus"

Evo only supports PGP/MIME, not inline PGP... I actually prefer using
PGP/MIME, because it's less obtrusive to people who don't have PGP.
Also, it signs attachments without having to use multiple signatures,
and works with HTML mail.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:50 PM
"Michael R. Head"

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 09:31 -0500, Caleb Marcus wrote:
> Evo only supports PGP/MIME, not inline PGP... I actually prefer using
> PGP/MIME, because it's less obtrusive to people who don't have PGP.
> Also, it signs attachments without having to use multiple signatures,
> and works with HTML mail.

Yep. The confusing bit is that there's an evo plugin that supports
_checking/decrypting_ messages received that use inline pgp.

But yeah, I like PGP/MIME and S/MIME. Unfortunately, older Outlook
Express clients did a terrible job of reading PGP/MIME messages (the
content ends up appearing as an attachment that must be opened in
notepad. I don't know if this has been rectified yet.

Michael R. Head <burner@suppressingfire.org>
http://picasaweb.google.com/demiri.head.wedding