Old 02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
"Anthony Papillion"

Default Audio Problems

Hello Everyone,

I'm a little lost because, after a reinstallation of Ubunt, audio input to my laptop has gone away. I've installed KMIX and made sure that all of the input and output sources are maxed out and active. I've also done so in the default mixer that comes up when you click the volume control in the task bar. But, for some reason, when I bring up sound recorder, it will not record anything at all. In fact, in sound recorders area to select an input source, nothing is listed. I know the mic works as I had it working under Windows XP and Vista. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
Anthony

Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Damian Myerscough

Hello,

I have a "Realtek ALC262" sound card in a Fujitsu Siemens Computers
ESPRIMO E5625 machine. The card is not detected thus not playing any
sound, has anyone else encountered any problems with the "Realtek
ALC262" sound card?

I also checked the Realtek website and they do not provide a driver for
this card under Linux.

Any help would be much appreciated

Damian Myerscough

Old 05-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Anders Karlsson

* Damian Myerscough <Damian.Myerscough@fujitsu-siemens.com> [20080519 08:37]:
> Hello,
>
> I have a "Realtek ALC262" sound card in a Fujitsu Siemens Computers
> ESPRIMO E5625 machine. The card is not detected thus not playing any
> sound, has anyone else encountered any problems with the "Realtek
> ALC262" sound card?
>
> I also checked the Realtek website and they do not provide a driver for
> this card under Linux.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

Hi there,

A quick look through http://www.alsa-project.org/ and some googling
shows that this sound chip seems to appear in quite a lot of alsa
sound drivers. (Search for hda-codec-realtek .)

Thinking about it, lspci (-v, -vvv & -n) output to narrow down what
possible driver it would be to use might help as well. For example, is
the E5625 an ICH10 based system?

Thanks!

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@trudheim.co.uk>