Old 02-11-2008, 06:04 PM
thomas fisher

Default debugging DCOP

Occasionally DCOP fails to start. It seems to be Gutsy related as I never
had it happen on Feisty. It isn't a solid fail but seems to happen once in
maybe about ten boots. Normally a re - log does the trick. Any procedural
suggestions on solving this? Also any clean explanations of how DCOP works.
Thanks
Tom

Old 02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Feb 11, 2008 2:04 PM, thomas fisher <studio1@commspeed.net> wrote:
> Occasionally DCOP fails to start.

As a left field comment - check the time. If it's waaaay out (eg
like my laptop after the battery dies) DCOP fails to start. I think
it's a symptom of a larger problem rather than DCOP itself, but the
real fix is to correct the time before I try and log into Gnome.
HTH,
Brian

Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 PM
thomas fisher

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 09:21:40 Brian McKee wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 2:04 PM, thomas fisher <studio1@commspeed.net> wrote:
> > Occasionally DCOP fails to start.
>
> As a left field comment - check the time. If it's waaaay out (eg
> like my laptop after the battery dies) DCOP fails to start. I think
> it's a symptom of a larger problem rather than DCOP itself, but the
> real fix is to correct the time before I try and log into Gnome.
> HTH,
> Brian
Thanks Brian
My date and time are correct on the desktop.

I will check my bios on the next boot. Any thoughts on what the next logical
step might be?
Thanks
Tom