Old 11-26-2007, 11:15 AM
norman

Default video mode not recognised

Edubuntu has just been installed on to a new desktop PC. Installation
could not have been better and most hardware works including wireless.
However, when booting up or closing down a message appears on the screen
saying "video mode not recognised". Video and sound are on the
motherboard and I am able to hear and see but I am unable to set the
screen as I would like it. Google has not been much help so I turn to my
community members, please help.

Norman

Old 11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
tech0007

Drop to a console and do "sudo sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh server-xorg"

Old 11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
"Caleb Marcus"

That's not going to help. If I read the OP's question correctly, the
issue happens during the usplash, not when X is started. The OP could
try using different vga= arguments on the kernel line in the
bootloader to get the usplash to use different video modes.