Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Gerald Dachs

Default Attn: Yahoo users - subscription disabled from this list

Quoting Kristian Rink <kristian@zimmer428.net>:

> Am Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:30:52 +0800
> schrieb Dax Solomon Umaming <knightlust@ubuntu.com>:
> (...)
>> If you're a Yahoo user and you're not receiving posts from this list,
>> please enable your account at
> (...)
>
> (... still pondering the implications of such a message posted to the
> _list_ ... )
> K.

Some of them might be intelligent enough to read it here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-February/136754.html

Gerald

Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 13:43 +0100, Gerald Dachs wrote:
> Quoting Kristian Rink <kristian@zimmer428.net>:
>
> > Am Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:30:52 +0800
> > schrieb Dax Solomon Umaming <knightlust@ubuntu.com>:
> > (...)
> >> If you're a Yahoo user and you're not receiving posts from this list,
> >> please enable your account at
> >> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
> > (...)
> >
> > (... still pondering the implications of such a message posted to the
> > _list_ ... )
> > K.
>
> Some of them might be intelligent enough to read it here:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-February/136754.html
>
> Gerald

Many users also read it using Gmane.

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
James Takac

On Monday 11 February 2008 22:34:11 Kristian Rink wrote:
> Am Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:30:52 +0800
> schrieb Dax Solomon Umaming <knightlust@ubuntu.com>:
> (...)
>
> > If you're a Yahoo user and you're not receiving posts from this list,
> > please enable your account at
>
> (...)
>
> (... still pondering the implications of such a message posted to the
> _list_ ... )
> K.

Me to. I'd have thought if the subscription was deactivated they wont get the
post to know what has happened

James

Old 02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

--- James Takac <p3nndrag0n@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 11 February 2008 22:34:11 Kristian Rink
> wrote:
> > Am Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:30:52 +0800
> > schrieb Dax Solomon Umaming
> <knightlust@ubuntu.com>:
> > (...)
> >
> > > If you're a Yahoo user and you're not receiving
> posts from this list,
> > > please enable your account at

> > (...)
> >
> > (... still pondering the implications of such a
> message posted to the
> > _list_ ... )
> > K.
> >

> Me to. I'd have thought if the subscription was
> deactivated they wont get the
> post to know what has happened
>
> James

FWIW, I'm a Yahoo ATT DSL user and my ubuntu mail is
getting to me without any problems.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Dax Solomon Umaming

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 8:41:29 am Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> > > (... still pondering the implications of such a
> >
> > message posted to the
> >
> > > _list_ ... )
> > > K.
> >
> > Me to. I'd have thought if the subscription was
> > deactivated they wont get the
> > post to know what has happened

I'm hoping they're accessing posts via the archives or gmane (or something).
And for those who do access them from a web interface or pop3 client, I'm
sure they'll wonder and investigate why the list suddenly stopped sending
them the posts.

> FWIW, I'm a Yahoo ATT DSL user and my ubuntu mail is
> getting to me without any problems.
>

> Leonard Chatagnier
> lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Those who are affected are using the yahoo.com, yahoo.com.au, yahoo.es,
yahoo.ca, yahoo.de, etc. domains.

And for those affected, I can forward the said bounce message upon request.
Just reply to this email _privately_.

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://knightlust.com/