Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Willis Taylor

Default Share problem

I have my
computers sharing my internet through my new Syslink Hub and in order
to share files I now need to allow sharing of folders thru NFS and with
the sharing option enabled I receive the following messages.

I'm lost.

Nautilus needs to add some permissions to your folder "Downloads" in
order to share it

The folder "Downloads" needs the following extra permissions for
sharing to work:

* - write permission by others

Do you want Nautilus to add these permissions to the folder
automatically?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:05 AM
Dan Farrell

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:10:47 -0600
Willis Taylor <gods-servant@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have my computers sharing my internet through my new Syslink Hub
> and in order to share files I now need to allow sharing of folders
> thru NFS and with the sharing option enabled I receive the following
> messages.
>
> I'm lost.
>
> Nautilus needs to add some permissions to your folder "Downloads" in
> order to share it
> The folder "Downloads" needs the following extra permissions for
> sharing to work:
> - write permission by others
> Do you want Nautilus to add these permissions to the folder
> 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: usershares are
> currently disabled

If I may suggest it, manual configuration of an NFS server (or if you
will, a 'file share'), is pretty simple. In fact, here's a little
howto that appears to be just what you need:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-ubuntu-nfs-server-configuration-howto/