Old 02-10-2008, 10:25 PM
"Jason Dusek"

Default usb ubuntu

I made bootable Ubuntu USB drive, and it boots fine. I can start
the installer, but when I do, it immediately looks for the CDROM
drive and bails. How do I change that? I tried dropping to a
shell and mount /dev/sda1, but that fails with a mysterious
'invalid argument'.

I'm new to Ubuntu, but I have a lot of experience with Linux.
I'm trying to put Ubuntu on my OQO O2.

--
_jsn

Old 02-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Charlie Kravetz

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 15:25 -0800, Jason Dusek wrote:
> I made bootable Ubuntu USB drive, and it boots fine. I can start
> the installer, but when I do, it immediately looks for the CDROM
> drive and bails. How do I change that? I tried dropping to a
> shell and mount /dev/sda1, but that fails with a mysterious
> 'invalid argument'.
>
> I'm new to Ubuntu, but I have a lot of experience with Linux.
> I'm trying to put Ubuntu on my OQO O2.
>
> --
> _jsn

Here's an article that explains how to make it quit looking for the
CDROM drive. I have not tried this, because my system will not boot from
USB. I hope this will help.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-11-2008, 02:07 AM
"Jason Dusek"

On Feb 10, 2008 7:00 PM, Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> Here's an article that explains...

Where is the artice?

--
_jsn

Old 02-11-2008, 02:54 AM
"Jason Dusek"

On Feb 10, 2008 7:00 PM, Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> Here's an article...

Where is the article?

--
_jsn

Old 02-11-2008, 04:28 AM
Charlie Kravetz

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 19:54 -0800, Jason Dusek wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2008 7:00 PM, Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> > Here's an article...
>
> Where is the article?
>
> --
> _jsn

As he slaps himself again!

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/09/28/usb-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon-install/

sorry, it's been a long day.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-11-2008, 06:26 AM
"Jason Dusek"

Thanks!

--
_jsn

Old 02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 23:26 -0800, Jason Dusek wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> --
> _jsn

You are welcome. Glad to be of service.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-11-2008, 09:26 PM
"Jason Dusek"

Unfortunately, that didn't help. There's no explicit mention of
what to do about the CDROM drive issue in there. I'd have to
start all over again -- rebuild my image, &c. -- in order to use
that HOWTO. I just want to know how to mount the CDROM drive
myself.

--
_jsn

Old 02-11-2008, 10:00 PM
"Jason Dusek"

In fact, it appears that other people have had this problem
before:

Is the problem that Ubuntu does not have ext2 drivers in the
install kernel? I can't figure this out...

--
_jsn