Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 AM
niel

Default OT : Ubuntu - Skype - hda-intel problems -SOLVED ...

On Monday 26 November 2007 10.20.41 Philippe wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 13:04 +0700, Philippe wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 09:44 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > > Philippe wrote:
> > > Anyway, the problem is the closed source nature of Skype. No open
> > > source developer (e.g. from the ALSA project) will waste his time to
> > > find out what the problem is, if he can't really trace the problem. But
> > > that is not possible with Skype. Therefore you can only try to get help
> > > from Skype. If they don't care, there is no help available.
> >
> > Exactly, they dont really care , speaking about driver or hardware
> > problem... So we come back to my first question, if not hda-intel, which
> > sound driver or sound card I should have on my new laptop to be able to
> > use skype?

I have used skype on several OS:

debian sarge -and etch

ubuntu 7.04 -and 7.10

even on puppy

Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Philippe

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 16:20 +0700, Philippe wrote:
> After many months trying to find a good answer for my problemes, with
> alsa-driver, OSS, Skype, hda-intel, I decided to have a look at Fedora
> 8. Skype 1.4.118 is working perfectly, clear sound, and I can have
> multiple calls with no mic problem or hda-intel problem, and this out of
> the box.

The funny things .. works perfectly on the live CD but not after
installed on hard drive !
I will take a rest ... before getting crazy.
Philippe
--
IT Manager Neptune Concept

Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 PM
"Caleb Marcus"

It's possible that it works on Fedora due to its use of PulseAudio.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Philippe

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 09:36 -0500, Caleb Marcus wrote:
> It's possible that it works on Fedora due to its use of PulseAudio.

Pulseaudio is also intall on Fedora NOT live CD.
I made a new test, not only this is working calls after calls on Live
CD, but the sound is really perfect, compared to the one after
installation. So what can it be ? Overload problem, too many process
installed ? Or the fact that a lot is in memory hides the skype
problem ?
Who knows...
Philippe
--