Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Philippe

Default OT : Ubuntu - Skype - hda-intel problems -SOLVED ...

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 13:04 +0700, Philippe wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 09:44 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Philippe wrote:
> > Anyway, the problem is the closed source nature of Skype. No open source
> > developer (e.g. from the ALSA project) will waste his time to find out
> > what the problem is, if he can't really trace the problem. But that is
> > not possible with Skype. Therefore you can only try to get help from
> > Skype. If they don't care, there is no help available.
> Exactly, they dont really care , speaking about driver or hardware
> problem... So we come back to my first question, if not hda-intel, which
> sound driver or sound card I should have on my new laptop to be able to
> use skype?

After many months trying to find a good answer for my problemes, with
alsa-driver, OSS, Skype, hda-intel, I decided to have a look at Fedora
8. Skype 1.4.118 is working perfectly, clear sound, and I can have
multiple calls with no mic problem or hda-intel problem, and this out of
the box.
Dont ask me why or how this can be (almost same kernel and alsa-driver
version) but instead of changing laptop, I changed OS.
Ubuntu will stay on all desktop servers, and I hope to be satisfied with
Fedora 8 on my Acer laptop.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Philippe
--