Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Eric Morey

Default Bottom posting from Droid X

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 15:54 -0400, calcpage@aol.com wrote:
> Yeah I know its top posting but I am writing this on my new droidx.
> Can someone please tell me how to bottom post when using a droidx to
> write your mail???

Have you tried the K-9 Mail application for Droid X?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:38 PM

Nope, I did not like native mail app so I installed msildroid. Why is K9 better?

Thanx,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math and CompSci
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009

Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 AM
ssc1478

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Eric Morey <eric@glodime.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 15:54 -0400, calcpage@aol.com wrote:
>> Yeah I know its top posting but I am writing this on my new droidx.
>> Can someone please tell me how to bottom post when using a droidx to
>> write your mail???

I use gmail app with my droidx. When I reply, there is a "Respond
Inline" button. Then I have to scoll down to the bottom and tap. The
screen scrolls back to the top but the cursor is still at the bottom.
I scroll back to the bottom and start typing.

It's a pain actually.

Phil

Old 04-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Ric Moore

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 20:47 -0400, ssc1478 wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Eric Morey <eric@glodime.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 15:54 -0400, calcpage@aol.com wrote:
> >> Yeah I know its top posting but I am writing this on my new droidx.
> >> Can someone please tell me how to bottom post when using a droidx to
> >> write your mail???
> >>

> I use gmail app with my droidx. When I reply, there is a "Respond
> Inline" button. Then I have to scoll down to the bottom and tap. The
> screen scrolls back to the top but the cursor is still at the bottom.
> I scroll back to the bottom and start typing.
>
> It's a pain actually.

Wouldn't that be living heck if Ubuntu later on forced us to top post??
<cackles> NEW AND IMPROVED!! Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Eric Morey

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 16:38 -0400, calcpage@aol.com wrote:
> Nope, I did not like native mail app so I installed msildroid. Why is
> K9 better?

K9 has the bottom posting feature that you are looking for. I don't have
a Droid X personally (my wife does). But I remember a setting for bottom
posting on replies when I set up my wife's IMAP account. I couldn't tell
you if it is better than the app you've installed. However, it works
much better and has more flexibility than the native mail app. It even
supports openPGP (though my wife never uses that feature).

Eric...

Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 AM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Sat, April 30, 2011 02:47, ssc1478 wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Eric Morey <eric@glodime.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 15:54 -0400, calcpage@aol.com wrote:
>>> Yeah I know its top posting but I am writing this on my new droidx.
>>> Can someone please tell me how to bottom post when using a droidx to
>>> write your mail???
>>>

> I use gmail app with my droidx. When I reply, there is a "Respond
> Inline" button. Then I have to scoll down to the bottom and tap. The
> screen scrolls back to the top but the cursor is still at the bottom.
> I scroll back to the bottom and start typing.
>
> It's a pain actually.
>
> Phil

Install K-9 Mail, that will make it a lot easier.
And there is no obligation to reply immediately. You can always wait until
you get home or at the office to use a proper pc with a proper email
client.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Sven Aluoor

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Amedee Van Gasse
<amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be> wrote:
> Install K-9 Mail, that will make it a lot easier.

Thanks. Didn't know that k9mail (http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/) is
Open Source and available for free in the Android Market. Will try it.

cheers Sven

Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Eric Morey

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 16:34 -0400, Eric Morey wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 15:54 -0400, calcpage@aol.com wrote:
> > Yeah I know its top posting but I am writing this on my new droidx.
> > Can someone please tell me how to bottom post when using a droidx to
> > write your mail???
> >

> Have you tried the K-9 Mail application for Droid X?

See:
https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/wiki/Manual-accountsettings

Also, I took a look at my wife's phone for some testing. There should be
an icon that looks something like the sharpened end of a pencil over the
top right corner of the quoted text when replying to an email. When
pressed the quoted text can be edited for in-line replies if the prefix
setting is selected. However it is a bit messy for replying to HTML
formatted emails.

Cheers,

Eric...