Old 11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Alain Muls

Default emacs and flyspell mode

Hi,

Under ubuntu 7.04 I used emacs v21. I often need to write documents in
Dutch, French and English. So I very much appreciated the ability to use
flyspell which worked fine.

I upgraded to 7.10 and installed exactly the same packages under 7.10 as
under 7.04 using the --get-selection/--set-selection option of dpkg.
7.10 installs the emacs v22 (gtk version). The spelling does only work
half: a 'ispell-buffer' command is correctly executed meaning I can
correct the spelling errors, but the on-line 'flyspell-mode' does work.

Since under 7.04 I used emacs v21 I installed this version. The spelling
has the same problem, ispell-buffer works, but flyspell-mode does not work.

I would very much appreciate the flyspell functionality again under
emacs v22 gtk on ubuntu 7.10.

Is there really no one else how suffered from this problem and found a
solution. I am getting desperate!

Tx/Alain

Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 AM
"Jensen Somers"

Hello,

On Nov 26, 2007 9:41 AM, Alain Muls <alain.muls@telenet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Under ubuntu 7.04 I used emacs v21. I often need to write documents in
> Dutch, French and English. So I very much appreciated the ability to use
> flyspell which worked fine.
>
> I upgraded to 7.10 and installed exactly the same packages under 7.10 as
> under 7.04 using the --get-selection/--set-selection option of dpkg.
> 7.10 installs the emacs v22 (gtk version). The spelling does only work
> half: a 'ispell-buffer' command is correctly executed meaning I can
> correct the spelling errors, but the on-line 'flyspell-mode' does work.
>
> Since under 7.04 I used emacs v21 I installed this version. The spelling
> has the same problem, ispell-buffer works, but flyspell-mode does not work.
>
> I would very much appreciate the flyspell functionality again under
> emacs v22 gtk on ubuntu 7.10.
>
> Is there really no one else how suffered from this problem and found a
> solution. I am getting desperate!
>
> Tx/Alain

I believe emacs22 uses Aspell in stead of Ispell by default. If you add

(setq ispell-program-name "/usr/bin/ispell")

to your .emacs file it should work.

- Jensen