Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 PM
"Gernot Hassenpflug"

Default karl-desktop

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Res <res@ausics.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Padraig wrote:

> >> you stated the majority wante dit, I asked you to showe me in hte archives
> >> where the majority voted, you cant can you
> >

> > Again, this very thread is "proof" of how the majority feels.
> >
> > But you continue to ignore it.
>
> the majority???? wtf? I thought this list had hundreds/thousands of users,
> not 10, and again the number of people who have made posts attacking my
> support for peoples rights, is still outweighed by the 17 who have so far
> emailed me supporting my stand.

I think it is pretty embarassing for you to admit to having more than
10 years of experience... and then troll. The reason you don't see
people responding is as I have written and as you yourself know: we
enforce the rules by using killfiles etc.
(You are now killfiled henceforth in my reader).

As I know things, you will not receive a message from a moderator, if
there even is one, you will simply be removed from the list. There is
no place for warnings on MLs and other private forums, if you break
rules willfully instant ban is the rule. And you have broken many.
There is no need for you to understand this.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Chris Jones

> pay attention troll, i was told the majority of people here wanted it so
> nobody top posted and behaved like the gaztapo agents want people to, so I
> asked for reference to this poll that clearly shows that the majorty want
> it if you cant show it piss off and keep out of it

I don't see the your point about a poll having any bearing.

Nobody ever said the 'rules' for this list where created following a
vote of any kind. Ubuntu (canonical if you prefer) host this list and
thus they are entitled to define the rules/guidelines as they see fit.
I'm betting (but cannot prove this) when we all signed up to this list
we agreed to this.

As far as I am aware the official rules / guidelines are

You seem in favour of free speech, and of course I agree with this. So,
I see nothing wrong in anyone on this list using this right to remind
others of the guidelines outlined on that page, if they feel the need to
do so.

Chris

Old 02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Res

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

> There is no need for you to understand this.

ah do as we want or we cry to a moderator, typically gutless lamers
yes I know you jhave killfiles me, but the care factor is suppose dto be
what ? I cant think of one above zero. IOW its no loss

--
Cheers
Res

Old 02-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Res

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Chris Jones wrote:

>> pay attention troll, i was told the majority of people here wanted it so
>> nobody top posted and behaved like the gaztapo agents want people to, so I
>> asked for reference to this poll that clearly shows that the majorty want
>> it if you cant show it piss off and keep out of it
>
> I don't see the your point about a poll having any bearing.
>
> Nobody ever said the 'rules' for this list where created following a
> vote of any kind. Ubuntu (canonical if you prefer) host this list and

Bart stated 'the majority wanted' so for him to say that there must have
been a vote or is he just doing what most around here have and pulled
crap out of their anal passage to suite their own side of the debate.

--
Cheers
Res

Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Padraig

>> pay attention troll, i was told the majority of people here wanted it so

>> nobody top posted and behaved like the gaztapo agents want people to, so I

>> asked for reference to this poll that clearly shows that the majorty want

>> it if you cant show it piss off and keep out of it

> I don't see the your point about a poll having any bearing.

> Nobody ever said the 'rules' for this list where created following a

> vote of any kind. Ubuntu (canonical if you prefer) host this list and

Bart stated 'the majority wanted' so for him to say that there must have

been a vote or is he just doing what most around here have and pulled

crap out of their anal passage to suite their own side of the debate.
You're the singular most immature person I've met in a long, long time.

Plonk.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Res

oh my, more lost sleep ....... N O T

is that sposed to bother me ? son, i've had someone stand 8 feet from me
in a drug induced rage threatening to shoot me, so there's nothing you can
say or do that would bother me in the least.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:07 PM
"Steve Flynn"

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Res <res@ausics.net> wrote:

> oh my, more lost sleep ....... N O T
>
> is that sposed to bother me ? son, i've had someone stand 8 feet from me
> in a drug induced rage threatening to shoot me, so there's nothing you can
> say or do that would bother me in the least.

How did he miss?

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 02-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Res wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Padraig wrote:
>
>> So, everyone on the list, that isn't a moderator, is a lamer. Ok.
>>

> negative, noly those who think they have teh right to demand how others
> type
>

>> Which chapter is that in "How to Win Friends and Influence People"?
>>

> sorry? I didnt realise this was makefriends@ubuntu list.
> 1/ I have enought friends
> 2/ I am a network manager so i dont need to influence anybody

I realize that I am breaking the COC, even with the warning sent out. I
apologize.
But this little f***wit is too irritating. I just have to publicly call
"bulls***" on his supposed Usenet/mailing list experience and job. With
his attitude, and writing grammar "skillz", I'm betting he is a
pimply-faced 15 year old who is always getting picked on in meatspace.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes

"From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."
--- Dr. Seuss

Old 02-15-2008, 02:45 AM
"Felipe Figueiredo"

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Res <res@ausics.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Chris Jones wrote:
>

> >> pay attention troll, i was told the majority of people here wanted it so
> >> nobody top posted and behaved like the gaztapo agents want people to, so I
> >> asked for reference to this poll that clearly shows that the majorty want
> >> it if you cant show it piss off and keep out of it
> >
> > I don't see the your point about a poll having any bearing.
> >
> > Nobody ever said the 'rules' for this list where created following a
> > vote of any kind. Ubuntu (canonical if you prefer) host this list and
>
> Bart stated 'the majority wanted' so for him to say that there must have
> been a vote or is he just doing what most around here have and pulled
> crap out of their anal passage to suite their own side of the debate.

How about a poll? Everyone that wants Res to stop, say aye.

aye!

Res, this *will* go to the archives, so you are satisfied. And if
you're American, you don't need the votes from the whole subscriber
population.

FF