Old 02-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Squid

I am having trouble setting up squid. It seems to dislike all I have
done and does this:

File host.conf saved
root@karl-desktop:/etc# squid -z
/etc/host.conf: line 2: bad command `127.0.0.1 localhost'
FATAL: Could not determine fully qualified hostname. Please set
'visible_hostname'

Squid Cache (Version 2.6.STABLE14): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.008 seconds = 0.008 user + 0.000 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
Aborted (core dumped)
root@karl-desktop:/etc#

I can't find a visible_hostname anywhere.

karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Padraig

* *I am having trouble setting up squid.
Karl, please don't make* multiple messages to the list about a single topic.* I would suggest reading the documentation that come with squid, as I don't think squid is what you're looking for.