-   -   yahoo mail page cannot be used (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/512-yahoo-mail-page-cannot-used.html)

lu sy 11-19-2007 01:38 PM

yahoo mail page cannot be used

Hi All, * I am using the Ubuntu 7.10 and the mozilla firefox browser. * I can go into the yahoo web page. However, when i click the "mail", the browser will say something like "connecting to mail. yahoo.com..." and after some time it will fail to go into that page where i can key in my user name and pass word. I have been encountering this problem for many days. * I do not have any problem going into other websites. * Does anyone out there encounter such a problem???? * Bakut *

Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know.--

"Steve Flynn" 11-19-2007 01:51 PM

On Nov 19, 2007 2:38 PM, lu sy <bakut2002@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the Ubuntu 7.10 and the mozilla firefox browser.
>
> I can go into the yahoo web page. However, when i click the "mail", the
> browser will say something like "connecting to mail. yahoo.com..." and after
> some time it will fail to go into that page where i can key in my user name
> and pass word. I have been encountering this problem for many days.

Do you get the same problem when you attempt to access this page with
a browser other than Firefox?

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

"Mark H. Nichols" 11-19-2007 05:48 PM

yahoo mail page cannot be used

On Nov 19, 2007, at 8:38 AM, lu sy wrote:Hi All, * I am using the Ubuntu 7.10 and the mozilla firefox browser. * I can go into the yahoo web page. However, when i click the "mail", the browser will say something like "connecting to mail. yahoo.com..." and after some time it will fail to go into that page where i can key in my user name and pass word. I have been encountering this problem for many days. * I do not have any problem going into other websites. * Does anyone out there encounter such a problem???? * BakutI don't use Yahoo Mail myself but I am aware that they have a "beta" version of their site that may not be compatible with all browsers. *If there is a "use standard" version link on the sign on page, try that and see if you have better luck.Mark--Release 7.10, Kernel 2.6.22-14-genericDual 3.4 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU2.2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X300 GraphicsRegistered Linux User # 458073

NoOp 11-19-2007 06:11 PM

On 11/19/2007 06:38 AM, lu sy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the Ubuntu 7.10 and the mozilla firefox browser.
>
> I can go into the yahoo web page. However, when i click the "mail",
> the browser will say something like "connecting to mail.
> yahoo.com..." and after some time it will fail to go into that page
> where i can key in my user name and pass word. I have been
> encountering this problem for many days.
>
> I do not have any problem going into other websites.
>
> Does anyone out there encounter such a problem????
>
> Bakut

Works for me - you need to have cookies enabled. Perhaps you can try the
direct login link:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=sg

Ed Miller 11-21-2007 12:29 AM

lu sy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the Ubuntu 7.10 and the mozilla firefox browser.
>
> I can go into the yahoo web page. However, when i click the "mail",
> the browser will say something like "connecting to mail. yahoo.com..."
> and after some time it will fail to go into that page where i can key
> in my user name and pass word. I have been encountering this problem
> for many days.
>
> I do not have any problem going into other websites.
>
> Does anyone out there encounter such a problem????
>
> Bakut

> <http://answers.yahoo.com.sg>
> *Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know
> <http://answers.yahoo.com.sg>*.
I have not had that particular problem but have had many problems
sending email to a yahoo account being returned three days later saying
the yahoo mail sever was too busy.