Old 02-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Doug Robinson

Default a problem with Amarok

Hello all
To a directory like this:

The Who
Live At Leeds

I have added a couple of directories like this:

The Who
Live at Leeds
Tommy (disc 1)
Tommy (disc 2)

The problem is that I cannot get Amarok to "see" the
"Tommy" directories. I have checked the permissions & they
are the same as the rest (read "Live at Leeds").

Hardly a critical problem but vexing none the less!

Thank you for your time.

dkr

Old 02-09-2008, 06:58 AM
"Thomas Cuthbert"

Good Morning,
I had a strange problem like this before too. When i removed the parenthesis from the folder name it was* able to add it to my collection. However, i have never heard of other people having problems with parenthesis in the folder names with Amarok other than myself . So, I hope this Helps!

-Tom Cuthbert

Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Doug Robinson

Thomas Cuthbert wrote:
> Good Morning,
> I had a strange problem like this before too. When i removed the
> parenthesis from the folder name it was able to add it to my
> collection. However, i have never heard of other people having
> problems with parenthesis in the folder names with Amarok other than
> myself . So, I hope this Helps!
> -Tom Cuthbert
>
> On 2/8/08, *Doug Robinson* <dkrr@telus.net <mailto:dkrr@telus.net>> wrote:
> snip
I have found a little more info about this problem.
The "Files" display works fine but the "Collection" display does not.
The presents of "()"
or lack there of seems to make no difference.

Thanks Thomas for your help.

Still looking.

dkr

Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Dan Farrell

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:18:10 -0700
Doug Robinson <dkrr@telus.net> wrote:

> I have found a little more info about this problem.
> The "Files" display works fine but the "Collection" display does not.
> The presents of "()"
> or lack there of seems to make no difference.

Chances are, then, that the mp3 info tags don't list the artist. if
not, you'll probably find the missing albums under 'various artists' or
some other generic heading.