Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 AM
"H.S.Rai"

Default efax: No alert for incoming fax

I am able to successfully send and receive faxes on my PC. But there
is no indication of an incoming fax so there is no way to know a fax
is coming, just by watching (while testing in same room) that other
person is sending fax, and clicking "Answer the call" I receive fax.
What that is not possible in real deployment.

STANDBY MODE (automatic answering mode) is not working. I changed
initialization params from Z &FE&D2S7=120 &C0 M1L0 to Z &FE&D2S7=120
&C0 M1L2 S11=55 but no success.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
H.S.Rai

Old 03-29-2011, 02:24 PM
"H.S.Rai"

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM, H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am able to successfully send and receive faxes on my PC. But there
> is no indication of an incoming fax so there is no way to know a fax
> is coming, just by watching (while testing in same room) that other
> person is sending fax, and clicking "Answer the call" I receive fax.
> What that is not possible in real deployment.
>
> STANDBY MODE (automatic answering mode) is not working. I changed
> initialization params from Z &FE&D2S7=120 &C0 M1L0 to Z &FE&D2S7=120
> &C0 M1L2 S11=55 but no success.

The modem is external USB modem I got with Dell laptop, which
is Conexant RD02-D400.

I tried with and without S0=3, while I guess "RINGS: 3" is doing the
same job .efax-gtkrc.

But I am unable to get it work in standby mode, which should make it
to respond after 3rd ring.

Is there any solution.

--
H.S.Rai

Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 AM
James Freer

On 29 March 2011 15:24, H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM, H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am able to successfully send and receive faxes on my PC. But there
>> is no indication of an incoming fax so there is no way to know a fax
>> is coming, just by watching (while testing in same room) that other
>> person is sending fax, and clicking "Answer the call" I receive fax.
>> What that is not possible in real deployment.
>>
>> STANDBY MODE (automatic answering mode) is not working. I changed
>> initialization params from Z &FE&D2S7=120 &C0 M1L0 to Z &FE&D2S7=120
>> &C0 M1L2 S11=55 but no success.
>
> The modem is external USB modem I got with Dell laptop, which
> is Conexant RD02-D400.
>
> I tried with and without *S0=3, while I guess "RINGS: 3" is doing the
> same job .efax-gtkrc.
>
> But I am unable to get it work in standby mode, which should make it
> to respond after 3rd ring.
>
> Is there any solution.
>
> --
> H.S.Rai

I've used faxing for many years. Unless you have software [can't think
of the app i used to have at present for windoze] that senses between
fax and tel call you are limited to manual select.

The best solution i've found is to use one of the auto receive
providers like efax and one's fax appears in the email... and you read
with Evince (or whatever you've got to read tif files). To send i'm
using efax-gtk (convert files to pdf when sending) and that has been
trouble free over 4 yrs. I think you can set up a socket to work with
Hylafax which i've never found worth bothering with.

james