Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default For the archives: A fix for "Gave up waiting for root device" on boot

The "Gave up waiting for root device" error on boot seems to be a
common enough problem, but all the forum postings that I could find
mention a workaround, not a fix. I found the cause, check the IDE
jumpers. I wrote about it here:
http://dotancohen.com/eng/gave_up_waiting_for_root_device.html

I hope that this info gets to those who need it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com