Old 03-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Alan Pope

Default Sirius web online player

Hi Chris,

On 24 March 2011 13:34, Chris Davis <cld100@swbell.net> wrote:
> I've been trying to listen to Sirius online

What's that?

Got a URL people can try?

Cheers,
Al.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:27 PM
AV3

On Mar/24/2011 9:3416 AM, Chris Davis wrote:

I've been trying to listen to Sirius online with the online web player
(Flash based). I have the flash plugin, it just got updated this
morning, but when I go to the sirius online listening web page and
choose to hear the player, I just get a big light blue screen and
nothing and firefox shows done at the bottom of the window.

Any ideas what I need to do? I figured out how to get the old player to
work, but this one is giving me fits. I don't know much about flash.

Any help appreciated.

This is old news, but maybe you are an old satellite subscribe like me
and don't know that you are no longer entitled to use the on-line
service without extra charge. I. e., are you a paid-up subscriber to the
on-line service?

--
++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=== ==+=====+=====+====++
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ@Wearthlink.net> ||

Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Shaun Jones

I've been trying to listen to Sirius online with the online web player

(Flash based). I have the flash plugin, it just got updated this

morning, but when I go to the sirius online listening web page and

choose to hear the player, I just get a big light blue screen and

nothing and firefox shows done at the bottom of the window.

Any ideas what I need to do? I figured out how to get the old player to

work, but this one is giving me fits. I don't know much about flash.

Any help appreciated.

This is old news, but maybe you are an old satellite subscribe like me and don't know that you are no longer entitled to use the on-line service without extra charge. I. e., are you a paid-up subscriber to the on-line service?

*I am a sirius subscriber I just tried it in firefox and it doesnt work but i tried it in chromium and it works just fine all. I am using natty daily build right now but I know it also works on my 10.10 xubuntu setup with chromium as well. You need to have adobe flashplayer installed of course but yes it does work.*

--
mister.s.jones*

Old 03-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Chris Davis

I'll answer both.* I still have the basic online access since I have a liftetime sirius subscription.* So I can still access it.* God forbid they give us access to the higher quality audio...* You can get 30 days free access to the service at http://www.siriusxm.com/internetradio if you'd like to hear it.* You can get that access for 2.99 a month I think.

I'm not real familiar with Chromium (but I am familiar with Chrome.* I have done some searching, but if you have a favored site that fully describes it I'd love to know about it.*

I'm on 9.04 as I remember.*
----------

Old 03-25-2011, 01:53 PM
AV3

On Mar/25/2011 9:0724 AM, Chris Davis wrote:

I'll answer both. I still have the basic online access since I have a
liftetime sirius subscription. So I can still access it. God forbid they
give us access to the higher quality audio... You can get 30 days free
access to the service at http://www.siriusxm.com/internetradio if you'd
like to hear it. You can get that access for 2.99 a month I think.

That answers my question: yes, you are a paid-up subscriber to the
on-line service (among other services). We XM satellite radio
month-by-month subscribers would have to subscribe at $2.99 per month
for on-line service that once was provided without extra cost. Your
problem is not related to subscribing.