Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Luca Ferrari

Default problems with kde 4

Hi,
I'm running kubuntu 7.1 and I've updated to kde 4 as soon as it became
available in the repositories. There were a lot of problems, in particular:
1) each plasmoid on the desktop is not usable, for instance a folder cannot be
open, a file cannot be see, and so on;
2) kwallet always crashes at startup, and then if started manually, runs;
3) all quick start icons in the panel do not start the application (I guess
this is similar to the plasmoid problem);
4) a lot of menu entry are without the right icon.

Now I've upgraded to 4.0.1, and the problem are even more: all the programs in
the menu have no more icons, the file manager often crashes, and the system
is in general not stable. Anyone else with similar problems? Any solution to
this?

Thanks,
Luca

Old 02-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Chris Jones

> Now I've upgraded to 4.0.1, and the problem are even more: all the programs in
> the menu have no more icons, the file manager often crashes, and the system
> is in general not stable. Anyone else with similar problems? Any solution to
> this?

Wait for KDE 4.1

Seriously, 4.0 isn't ready for prime time quite yet...

Chris

Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 PM
"Pr Lidn"

From what I've heard, KDE 4.0 is a very immature release, and is more like alpha/early-beta quality. It will probably take till 4.2 before it actually is stable. They pushed it out as a .0 release to get more testers, even when they knew that it was bad.