-   -   How to rearrange panel applets? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/504467-how-rearrange-panel-applets.html)

Jim Byrnes 03-22-2011 10:58 PM

How to rearrange panel applets?

I was setting up two monitors and all the resetting I did to get it the
way I wanted has messed up the layout of the panel applets. Applets
like the Network Manager applet and Indicator Applet Session are not in
their normal place. I can't seem to drag and drop them and move is
grayed out so how do I rearrange them?

Thanks, jim

"Cybe R. Wizard" 03-22-2011 11:18 PM

How to rearrange panel applets?

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:58:22 -0500
Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:

> I was setting up two monitors and all the resetting I did to get it
> the way I wanted has messed up the layout of the panel applets.
> Applets like the Network Manager applet and Indicator Applet Session
> are not in their normal place. I can't seem to drag and drop them
> and move is grayed out so how do I rearrange them?
>
> Thanks, jim

If, "move," is grayed out then, "lock to panel," is enabled. (bottom
selection, just under, "move." Un-enable it, then you can move the
applet.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Jim Byrnes 03-23-2011 01:09 AM

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:58:22 -0500
Jim Byrnes<jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:

I was setting up two monitors and all the resetting I did to get it
the way I wanted has messed up the layout of the panel applets.
Applets like the Network Manager applet and Indicator Applet Session
are not in their normal place. I can't seem to drag and drop them
and move is grayed out so how do I rearrange them?

Thanks, jim

If, "move," is grayed out then, "lock to panel," is enabled. (bottom
selection, just under, "move." Un-enable it, then you can move the
applet.

Cybe R. Wizard

Right you are. Thanks. The scheme I use doesn't show menu items as
checked unless you hover the mouse over it. I thought "Lock to panel"
was a setting I could active and didn't realize it already was.

Regards, Jim