Old 03-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Oliver Marshall

Default tee and some commands

Hi chaps
*
Anyone noticed that tee doesn’t seem to log the output from some commands to a log file?
*
I am using tee in a script on the following line;
*** ncftpput -u $ftp_user -p $ftp_pass -R -m -v ftp.mydomain.local / $dest/archives/$1/ | tee -a $out_file
*
Instead of logging to a log file via tee it now outputs two copies of the FTP output to the console and nothing to the log file.
*
Is there a way I can work around that or is it a limitation in the ncftpput command do you think?
*
Olly

*