Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Albert Wagner

Default Sort of O.T. Kubuntu screen size inside VBox

I just installed Oracle Virtual Box on Ubuntu 10.10. My first virtual
installation was Kubuntu 10.10. It is working, sort of. I cannot
change the screen size of the virtual machine to anything other than
800x600. I have tried the terminal commands:

VBoxManage setextradata "Kubuntu 10.10" "CustomVideoMode1" "1400x900x16"

and

VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution any

and

VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution 1600,900

Resizing the VBox window just distorts the already fuzzy contents.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
HP G72t laptop 17"

Old 03-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Arnaud G

If you are using VBox 4, did you install VBox extension pack?

http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.0.4/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.0.4-70112.vbox-extpack

for older build I think it was called Guest addition?

I just installed Oracle Virtual Box on Ubuntu 10.10.* My first virtual installation was Kubuntu 10.10.* It is working, sort of.* I cannot change the screen size of the virtual machine to anything other than 800x600.* I have tried the terminal commands:

VBoxManage setextradata "Kubuntu 10.10" "CustomVideoMode1" "1400x900x16"

and

VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution any

and

VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution 1600,900

Resizing the VBox window just distorts the already fuzzy contents.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
HP G72t laptop 17"

-- ubuntu-users mailing list