Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 PM
MirJafar Ali

Default Problem unmounting external hard drives

Hello,

I am using Maxtor 500 GB external ( USB 2.0) hard drive and whenever I try to unmount the
drive using "Safely remove drive" option, I get the following error and I am concerned if
something has gone bad.

Please help.

Error detaching: helper exited with exit code 1: Detaching device /dev/sdc
USB device: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0b.1/usb1/1-6)
SYNCHRONIZE CACHE: OK
STOP UNIT: FAILED: No such file or directory

Mir

Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Shaun Jones

I am using Maxtor 500 GB external ( USB 2.0) hard drive and whenever I try to unmount the
drive using "Safely remove drive" option, I get the following error and I am concerned if
something has gone bad.

Please help.

Error detaching: helper exited with exit code 1: Detaching device /dev/sdc
USB device: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0b.1/usb1/1-6)
SYNCHRONIZE CACHE: OK
STOP UNIT: FAILED: No such file or directory

Mir

*I have the same external drive and this only happens in gnome if i use xfce or kde this error does not come up. I have never hurt my drive because of it. *I am sure there is a nug report somewhere i am just too lazy to go looking for it, but I do know this has been brought up many times.

mister.s.jones*