Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Calcpage

Default android-sdk .deb or repository

I think you can just download it directly from google. Search for
appinventor.

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math & CS
Baldwin SHS & Nassau CC
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009
Sent from my iPod

On Mar 20, 2011, at 1:19 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello
Does anyone know a repository providing binaries for android-sdk [1]?
I've looked into PPAs but could only find very outdated packages.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm

Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Liviu Andronic

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Calcpage <calcpage@aol.com> wrote:
> I think you can just download it directly from google. Search for
> appinventor.

I've just installed appinventor [1] but I doubt it provides the SDK.
At the very least I cannot find anything useful in the files that got
installed. Any other ideas?

Thank you
Liviu

[1] http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/learn/setup/setuplinux.html

Old 03-20-2011, 08:51 PM
"A. Jorge Garcia"

>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Calcpage <calcpage@aol.com> wrote:
>> I think you can just download it directly from google. Search for
>> appinventor.
>>
> I've just installed appinventor [1] but I doubt it provides the SDK.
> At the very least I cannot find anything useful in the files that got
> installed. Any other ideas?
> [1] http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/learn/setup/setuplinux.html

Well, appinventor is the sdk. It uses java's sdk, do youhave javac?

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math and CompSci

Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Liviu Andronic

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:51 PM, A. Jorge Garcia <calcpage@aol.com> wrote:
> Well, appinventor is the sdk. It uses java's sdk, do youhave javac?

I've just installed javacc (A parser generator for use with Java), and
I have sun java installed and selected as default VM. Together with
appinventor, does this mean that I have a functional Android SDK?

Thank you
Liviu

Old 03-20-2011, 09:20 PM
"A. Jorge Garcia"

wrote:

Well, appinventor is the sdk. It uses java's sdk, do youhave javac?

I've just installed javacc (A parser generator for use with Java), and
I have sun java installed and selected as default VM. Together with
appinventor, does this mean that I have a functional Android SDK?

I think that's all you need. I just recently installed it for my
students but have yet to test it....

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math and CompSci

Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Sun, March 20, 2011 18:19, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Hello
> Does anyone know a repository providing binaries for android-sdk [1]?
> I've looked into PPAs but could only find very outdated packages.
>
> Regards
> Liviu
>
> [1] http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

I don't know if anyone has bothered to make a PPA, but you can just
download the SDK from that page.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:39 PM
"A. Jorge Garcia"

>> On Sun, March 20, 2011 18:19, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>> Hello
>> Does anyone know a repository providing binaries for android-sdk [1]?
>> I've looked into PPAs but could only find very outdated packages.
>>
>> Regards
>> Liviu
>>
>> [1] http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

> I don't know if anyone has bothered to make a PPA, but you can just
> download the SDK from that page.

I went to http://appinventor.googlelabs.com

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math and CompSci

Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 PM
scott

On 03/23/2011 07:39 PM, A. Jorge Garcia wrote:

On Sun, March 20, 2011 18:19, Liviu Andronic wrote:
Hello
Does anyone know a repository providing binaries for android-sdk [1]?
I've looked into PPAs but could only find very outdated packages.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

I don't know if anyone has bothered to make a PPA, but you can just
download the SDK from that page.

I went to http://appinventor.googlelabs.com

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math and CompSci
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009

That actually looks like some mashup between Illumination Software
Creator(1) and the SDK.

(1) http://radicalbreeze.com/