Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Abhishek Dixit

Default how to send mail using command line

I installed Postfix on my system now I want to be able to send mails
via command line in my LAN.
How is that possible I typed a command mail on terminal and got following

The program 'mail' can be found in the following packages:
* heirloom-mailx
* mailutils
Try: apt-get install <selected package>

what exactly should I be doing to be able to send mail via command line.
--
Regards
Abhi

Old 03-19-2011, 07:37 PM
David Fletcher

On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 01:26 +0530, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
> I installed Postfix on my system now I want to be able to send mails
> via command line in my LAN.
> How is that possible I typed a command mail on terminal and got following

There's a command line application called sendemail. Might do what you
want. I call it from the reminders program I was mentioning earlier.

Dave

Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Knute Johnson

I installed Postfix on my system now I want to be able to send mails
via command line in my LAN.
How is that possible I typed a command mail on terminal and got following

The program 'mail' can be found in the following packages:
* heirloom-mailx
* mailutils
Try: apt-get install<selected package>

what exactly should I be doing to be able to send mail via command line.

Install the GNU Mailutils and then check the man page for mail.

Easy as that.

--

Knute Johnson
ubuntu@knutejohnson.com