Old 03-18-2011, 11:18 AM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

Default Sync multiple computers to a central server

On Thu, March 17, 2011 11:55, Derek Maciel wrote:
> About half of my files are binary blobs, such as binary executables,
> PSD files, and other multimedia formats.
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Amedee Van Gasse
> <amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be> wrote:
>> You are already using git, and you're talking about scripts.

It doesn't matter. Git (and other versioning systems) can handle binary
blobs just as well as plain text source code. Just don't expect any
meaningfull diffs.

--
If it is the list that is broken how is it possible
that some clients work and others do not?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Thu, March 17, 2011 14:20, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> I've only one thing to add to Amedee's comment:
>
> Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
>> And when you're done, you do:
>>
>> $ git commit -m 'some meaningfull comment'
>> $ git push origin master
>
> Do this whenever you've made any vaguely significant change to the code.
> It makes git much much more useful as a massive 'undo' mechanism - it is
> what it's there for

Agreed. Commit as much as possible. If in doubt, commit.
Push, that's not needed so much. But push every time you leave the keyboard.