Old 03-18-2011, 06:04 AM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default Task Reminder/PopUP

Hi,

Is there a Desktop Application which will remind tasks/events. I do not have the popup or reminder feature available in Tasque.
I have also used Tomboy but somehow it does not highlight or pop up

Thanks,

Kaushal

Old 03-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Liviu Andronic

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a Desktop Application which will remind tasks/events.

Orage?

Liviu

> I do not have
> the popup or reminder feature available in Tasque.
> I have also used Tomboy but somehow it does not highlight or pop up
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kaushal

Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
Do you know how to write?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Colin Law

On 18 March 2011 07:04, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a Desktop Application which will remind tasks/events. I do not have
> the popup or reminder feature available in Tasque.

Reminderfox in Firefox or Thunderbird.

> I have also used Tomboy but somehow it does not highlight or pop up

Tomboy should be in Applications > Accessories

Colin

Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 AM
David Fletcher

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 10:38 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> On 18 March 2011 07:04, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a Desktop Application which will remind tasks/events. I do not have
> > the popup or reminder feature available in Tasque.
>
> Reminderfox in Firefox or Thunderbird.
>
> > I have also used Tomboy but somehow it does not highlight or pop up
>
> Tomboy should be in Applications > Accessories
>
> Colin

Years ago when I was running 98 or XP I wrote my own. I re-wrote it for
KDE3. Couldn't be bothered to try to figure out how to get it to work
with gnome. It's now been re-written again to run on my server, which is
why I was asking a few weeks ago about how to get a C/C++ program to
locate a user's home directory.

It now gets run once per day as a cron task, uses the same file format
as the windows version did, and sends email when a reminder is due which
I can leave in my mail box until I've dealt with it.

I've not gone to the trouble of doing everything properly with a make
file, license etc. just for something for myself, but if anybody's
interested in having a play with it, you're welcome to email me off
list.

Dave