Old 03-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Patton Echols

Default What do you do to post a answer to a question in this group

On 03/17/2011 11:37 PM, Mark Widdicombe wrote:

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 12:47 -0500, David Curtis wrote:

wrote:
> [...]
address in the 'To'

OK, I have (with the help of the kind folk on the Evolution list)
figured out what the problem is.

When Evolution retrieves mail from MS Exchange it doesn't download the
entire message, just the message summary. the 'List-' headers aren't
present in the summary, so Evolution doesn't realize that the message is
from a list, hence 'Reply to list' isn't activated.

Whilst this isn't really a bug, it is a functional deficiency--Evolution
should decide whether or not the message is from a list when the message
is opened, not just on the basis of the message summary. I'll just have
to live with the inconvenience for now.

I respectfully suggest that it is a bug and should be reported as one.
It is a bug because it is unexpected behavior. A mail client should be
aware of both the "List" headers as well as the "Reply to". Second, by
submitting a bug, you give the developers a chance to know of the
concern and make an affirmative decision whether to fix it or not. A
discussion on a community support list does not reach the devs. At least
not reliably.

Regards,
-- PE