Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Patton Echols

Default Ubuntu on IBM or Lenovo server

On 03/17/2011 08:10 AM, Oliver Marshall wrote:

Hi Chaps,

Anyone here using Ubuntu on IBM and/or Lenovo servers? We’re looking
at replacing a few boxes here and we use IBM/Lenovo for the Windows
services and I’d like to standardised.

IBM/Lenovo have RH drivers but no Ubuntu or Debian, but I was
wondering whether there was an underground scene in IBM raid
monitoring software etc.

Anyone ?

I'm not necessarily an expert, but I think most of the common server
hardware is is supported out of the box in ubuntu? I'm not sure you'll
get a meaningful answer unless you can tell us what you need. For
example, you might say: "I can get a RH driver for the IBM x-1234-Q raid
controller, is there one for ubuntu . . ." In my experience, you will
get a better answer to a specific question both on google and here.