Old 03-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Tom H

Default Ubuntu on IBM or Lenovo servers

http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/make/IBM

Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Jeff Lane

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:45, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Oliver Marshall
> <Oliver.Marshall@g2support.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone here using Ubuntu on IBM and/or Lenovo servers? We’re looking at
>> replacing a few boxes here and we use IBM/Lenovo for the Windows services
>> and I’d like to standardised.
>>
>> IBM/Lenovo have RH drivers but no Ubuntu or Debian, but I was wondering
>> whether there was an underground scene in IBM raid monitoring software etc.
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/make/IBM

As Tom points out, the above link lets you know what IBM servers were
tested with Ubuntu. As for Lenovo servers, I don't think we have
tested any.

So in general, yes, Ubuntu should work on IBM hardware (at least on
the ones listed as certified). However, we don't do any software
validation, so I really cant tell you if things like MegaRAID Storage
Manger or ServeRAID Manager will work. I don't recall if IBM ships
MSM and SRM as OS independent packages or only as RPMs... however,
there are tools in place to extract/install RPMs on Debian based
systems...