Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Marius Gedminas

Default terminal login

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 07:11:31AM -0500, anlarye wrote:
> How would I get something like this to display when logging in via
> terminal/SSH
>
> System information as of Sat Mar 5 14:40:02 CST 2011
>
> System load: 0.24 Swap Usage: 1% Users logged in:
> 2
> Usage of /: 35.8% of 143.93 GB Temperature: 8 C
> Memory usage: 31% Processes: 104

I think it's sufficient to install the landscape-common package.

> or is this only a part of the landscape service?

No.

Marius Gedminas
--
Look! Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Dennis Linux

Hello all,
When i go with ctrl+alt+F1 to the LXTerminal there's a login.
I know my password but not my login, does anyone know where that's known?

Regards, Dennis

Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Steve Riley

On 2012-09-20 00:17:32 Dennis Linux <frankie-1@hotmail.nl> wrote:

> Hello all,
> When i go with ctrl+alt+F1 to the LXTerminal there's a login.
> I know my password but not my login, does anyone know where that's known?

That would be your user account name. Ordinarily you'd see this on the LightDM
or KDM login screen. But it sounds as if your computer is configured for
automatic login, in which case you wouldn't see your account name. You can
always find out the account name by opening a Konsole and running the command:

whoami

This will display your username, which you can then use when you switch to a
TTY.

...Steve

Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Jan Litwiński

When i go with ctrl+alt+F1 to the LXTerminal there's a login.
I know my password but not my login, does anyone know where that's known?

Regards, Dennis

it was you type in login screen: your user name

-- Jan Litwiński
http://netsjanek.blogspot.com/
Linux is like a wigwam no gates
no windows but apache inside--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Jan Litwiński

When i go with ctrl+alt+F1 to the LXTerminal there's a login.
I know my password but not my login, does anyone know where that's known?

Regards, Dennis

or in terminal type who am i