Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Andi Meier

Default installer does not find a network - but a live system does ... wtf?

Incredible! It works now. Problem solved.

What did I do to solve the problem? -> just cut the PC off from any power supply.

In more detail, I did the following:

* switched off the PC
* unplugged the power cord (!!)
* unplugged the Ethernet cable (!!)
* waited ... waited ... waited (a few minutes)
* plugged in powercord and LAN cable again
* booted PC

Now, the network is there, right after the boot. As if there was never a problem.

Don't ask me why. Life is full of mysteries.

Maybe any wise man in this mailing list can enlighten me how this can be possible ... if not, I'm just happy to have my Ubuntu (plus
network) back.

Thank all you guys for trying to help.

Cheers
Andi