Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Smoot Carl-Mitchell

Default PLEASE help me (pleading) Wireless connection problems

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 14:06 -0500, Jay Ridgley wrote:

> It appears to have something to do with routing since ifconfig and iwconfig
> output changes after the connection is lost.

Check the routing tables with

netstat -rn

Sometimes that can give you a hint as to the problem. Also take DNS out
of the picture by pinging your gateway address and a well known network
address which responds to pings. I use www.google.com -
74.125.224.177.

--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell