-   -   PLEASE help me (pleading) Wireless connection problems (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/501970-please-help-me-pleading-wireless-connection-problems.html)

Jay Ridgley 03-16-2011 06:06 PM

PLEASE help me (pleading) Wireless connection problems

Folks,

I truly thought that when I discovered that after the dhclient package was
installed that everything was OK. However, I get some wierd symptoms when I try
to connect to the net from my laptop...

Here is what is happening as long as I am within my on local network everything
seems to be working. When I attempt to get to the internet (start Firefox I
loose connectivity. Up until that time I can ping sites like yahoo.com just
fine! My wired network still works!

The above ONLY happens on my NEW system, the old one works fine! I have run diff
on /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf, /etc/dhcp3/dchpd.conf and /etc/network/interfaces.
ALL three contain exactly what I would expect to be there. They are not exact
copies with the exception of dhclient because of a change in Ethernet IDs (eth1
became eth3 and eth2 became eth4).

It appears to have something to do with routing since ifconfig and iwconfig
output changes after the connection is lost.

Can anyone point me in the proper direction as to where I might look? I have
tried everything I can think of for several days and just can't seem to get it
right!

THANKS
Jay
--