Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

Default YUMI multiboot usb: No init found. Try passing init= bootarg.

I made a multiboot usb with YUMI (Your USB Multiboot Installer, from
http://www.pendrivelinux.com). It seems to be working for most of the 42
distributions that I installed on my 16 GiB usb stick, except for all the
Ubuntus and Ubuntu-based distros like Mint.

The boot process fails with the following error:
No init found. Try passing init= bootarg.
and then drops to a root shell.

This is the boot cfg (grub) for Ubuntu Netbook 10.10:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/581149/

Compare this with the boot cfg for Debian:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/581150/

Any ideas what's wrong?
If this can be solved, then I will submit the solution to
pendrivelinux.com so that they can fix the problem.

Kind regards,
Amedee

Old 03-21-2011, 03:41 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Wed, March 16, 2011 16:47, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> I made a multiboot usb with YUMI (Your USB Multiboot Installer, from
> http://www.pendrivelinux.com). It seems to be working for most of the 42
> distributions that I installed on my 16 GiB usb stick, except for all the
> Ubuntus and Ubuntu-based distros like Mint.
>
> The boot process fails with the following error:
> No init found. Try passing init= bootarg.
> and then drops to a root shell.
>
> This is the boot cfg (grub) for Ubuntu Netbook 10.10:
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/581149/
>
> Compare this with the boot cfg for Debian:
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/581150/
>
> Any ideas what's wrong?
> If this can be solved, then I will submit the solution to
> pendrivelinux.com so that they can fix the problem.

For all of you who feel terribly guilty because you couldn't answer my
question: please don't.

It appears that this is a known bug in Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04. The only
way to install 10.10 from usb, is to install 10.04 and then do a
do-release-upgrade -d.
I did not file a new bug report because there already is one. Sorry for
the noise.

--
Amedee