Old 03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default running "elgg" on current ubuntu?

a friend asked me to see what it would take to install, configure
and run the social networking engine "elgg" on ubuntu:

http://www.elgg.org/

given a few minutes yesterday, teh google gave me three different
ubuntu-oriented sets of instructions, all of which differed ever so
subtlely but i figure it won't be hard to merge them and come up with
a reasonable recipe. anyone out there running elgg on ubuntu? any
gotchas i should know about before i get started? thanks.

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Paulo Sampaio

I've been dealing with elgg installations for a year, simply follow
the official install guide and you have it up and running easily.

If you find any problems, please contact me ok?

Good luck!

Atenciosamente,
__
Paulo Sampaio
Desenvolvimento Web

Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011, Paulo Sampaio wrote:

> I've been dealing with elgg installations for a year, simply follow
> the official install guide and you have it up and running easily.
>
> If you find any problems, please contact me ok?
>
> Good luck!

if i might bug you briefly, which is the "official" install guide?
i've found three online install guides (one which is, of course, under
the elgg site):

http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Install_Ubuntu
http://www.installationwiki.org/Installing_Elgg

that first recipe is a little on the brief side, while the second
one is more detailed but a bit out of date (reference to libapr0
instead of libapr1), and also seems to require more than the elgg set
of instructions, in terms of which apache2 modules need to be enabled.

so, just to be clear, which set of instructions are you referring
to, and i'll take it from there and harass you again if i run into
trouble. :-)

rday

Old 03-19-2011, 11:20 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

sorry, that last reply was meant to be just to the author, i hadn't
intended to bug the whole list with it.