Old 03-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Nathan Bahn

Default 2 Not-so-idle Questions

Hello everyone--

Has anyone heard of any reports of any bugs whereby:
Both the login desktop environment AND the password are changed shortly after the O.S. (in this case the 10.10 with the GNOME D.E.) has been installed and the system rebooted? (ended up disabling the initial login screen to get around the problem)
The Network Manager insists -- in spite of all evidence to the contrary -- that there is no cable connection to the router? (with the troubleshooting help of a friend, I ended up installing Wicd)Nothing at all urgent regarding these 2 queries (now!) -- just curious, is all.

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.libreoffice.org/ (Nathan Bahn)

Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 PM
David Curtis

Has anyone heard of any reports of any bugs whereby:

Both the login desktop environment AND the password are changed shortly after the O.S. (in this case the 10.10 with the GNOME D.E.) has been installed and the system rebooted? (ended up disabling the initial login screen to get around the problem)

The Network Manager insists -- in spite of all evidence to the contrary -- that there is no cable connection to the router? (with the troubleshooting help of a friend, I ended up installing Wicd)Nothing at all urgent regarding these 2 queries (now!) -- just curious, is all.

--N.B.
*
Do you have more than one keyboard layout? If so you may be typing on one thinking it is the other. There is a menu to choose which one in the gdm greeter (initial login screen). You can search for bugs on https://launchpad.net/ubuntu, package name gdm.

The package names to search for bugs against NM are network-manager and network-manager-gnome.