Old 03-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Jesse Palser

Default -Will Beta 1(March31) Be Feature Frozen?

[11.04]-Will Beta 1(March31) Be Feature Frozen?

Hi,

Will the Beta 1 of Ubuntu 11.04 on March 31 be feature frozen version?
(meaning that ALL features are finalized, and only bug fixing is done)

The reason I ask is that if 11.04 Beta 1 is feature frozen
I will install it to my mission critical Desktop and NetBook systems
to help test it before official release in April.

Its important for people like me to test
a feature frozen version of Ubuntu 11.04...

Been using Ubuntu Linux for over two years now.
It is clearly the best computer Operating System ever made!

Thanks...

Jesse

Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Colin Law

On 12 March 2011 22:22, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> [11.04]-Will Beta 1(March31) Be Feature Frozen?
>
> Hi,
>
> Will the Beta 1 of Ubuntu 11.04 on March 31 be feature frozen version?
> (meaning that ALL features are finalized, and only bug fixing is done)
>
> The reason I ask is that if 11.04 Beta 1 is feature frozen
> I will install it to my mission critical Desktop and NetBook systems
> to help test it before official release in April.

I would not advise putting a beta on anything mission critical. In
fact I would not advise putting it on anything mission critical until
it has been fully released for a few months (or at least weeks) and
you have tested it on (ideally) identical hardware to your production
machine.

> Its important for people like me to test
> a feature frozen version of Ubuntu 11.04...

Certainly, but not on mission critical machines.

> Been using Ubuntu Linux for over two years now.
> It is clearly the best computer Operating System ever made!

A beta may not live up that statement.

Colin

Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Jesse Palser

[...]

Most important question is will 11.04 Beta 1 be feature frozen?
My "mission critical" systems are not really that critical.
We all need to install 11.04 and test it before April release!

Jesse

Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Yorvyk

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:33:47 -0500